2007年2月12日星期一

A Dinner for Celebrating Chinese New Year

Last Saturday afternoon, I took part in a dinner for celebrating Chinese New Year. It was held by the Chinese restaurant where I do part time job in weekend. The restaurant is near our school and it mainly provides seafood. I have worked here almost five months and my job is heating and frying food for customers which are mainly Guangdong flavors, such as Shaomai, Dumpling, Turnip cake, chive cake ,and so on. The work is very easy and the work time is very short that just from 10am to 3pm,so I enjoy the work very much. The restaurant is a Chinese one, so its employees are all Chinese and the consumers are almost the Chinese .And the employees are very kind and warm-hearted to me, I feel very comfortable and like at home when I work here.Because this Sunday is Chinese New Year Day and it will be a very busy day to the restaurant , so they celebrated it on lastSaturday. We had a dinner together .We were very happy and enjoyed the dinner very much. In the dinner we said “Happy New Year” together and blessed each other. This is the first time that I celebrate our traditional New Year with so many people in the place which is far from my country, and I felt very exited and surprise. Because every year I had the Chinese New Year with my family before I came to America. A few days ago , I was worrying how should I celebrate the festival .I was very suprise and lucky that I could celebrate it with so many friends.It make me feel I were in home and relieve my miss of home.

没有评论: